Promoting collaborative efforts to improve the quality and availability of resources and services for the Hispanic/Latino communities of Linn and Benton Counties.
The Linn Benton Hispanic Advisory Committee (HAC) is a 40+ member community coalition that meets monthly to share information and coordinate resources on behalf of Latinos living in the two-county area. The Linn-Benton HAC has been in existence for over 20 years.
Mission and Goals
The mission of HAC is to promote collaborative efforts to improve the quality and availability of resources and services for the Hispanic/Latino communities of Linn and Benton Counties. The goals of this group include:
- Advocate the collaboration among individuals and organizations working with and for the Hispanic/Latino communities;
- Promote the Hispanic/Latino culture through education;
- Share information about services and resources available in Linn and Benton counties;
- Identify and eliminate socially constructed barriers to existing services and resources; and
- Advocate to extend services to meet the needs of the Hispanic/Latino communities.
Organizations involved include:
- Linn and Benton County Health Departments
- OSU Extension Services
- St. Mary’s Albany
- Linn-Benton Community College
- Greater Albany and Corvallis School District
- Albany Parks and Recreation
- Casa Latinos Unidos del Condado de Benton
- Oregon Employment Division
For more information about HAC visit their Facebook page.