Providing resources, technical assistance, training, networking opportunities, evaluation, and advocacy to Oregon’s farm to school and school garden community.
The Oregon Farm to School and School Garden Network (OFSSGN) supports farm to school and school garden stakeholders in their work to incorporate healthy, local food into school meals and to implement food and garden-based education.
Mission and Goals
The OFSSGN mission is to improve the health and well-being of youth, families, farms, and the environment by supporting members of Oregon’s farm to school and school garden community.
The OFSSGN supports programs that:
- Increase participation in the school meal program, to improve access to nutritious meals;
- Increase consumption of vegetables and fruits, to improve nutrition and health outcomes;
- Improve knowledge and attitudes about agriculture, gardening, food, nutrition and the environment;
- Support economic development by increasing market opportunities for farmers, ranchers, fishers, local food processors, local food distributors, and food manufacturer;
- Promote environmental stewardship; and
- Promote food justice by supporting healthy and equitable community food systems.
The OFSSGN is made up of over 1000 participants, who are Oregon’s farm to school stakeholders or community, including representatives from non-profit organizations, public agencies, school districts, food producers and distributors, educators, teachers, and other stakeholders involved with farm to school and school garden programs in Oregon.
For more information visit their website: Oregon Farm to School and School Garden Network.